SAFARI - Venomous Creatures TOOB
Regular price €13.99
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Although there are many different types of species that employ venom for the purposes of hunting, methods of delivery vary greatly. The most iconic method is through fangs, made famous by snakes and spiders. However, many creatures also user a stinger, like a wasp or a scorpion, and some centipedes can even use a type of modified legs to inject their venom! Learn more about these uniquely adapted predators with the fantastic figurines in our Venomous Creatures Toob!
- Given the potency of these creatures’ venom, it’s best to study our realistic models rather than the real thing! This Toob includes a cane toad, yellow-bellied snake, bat ray, Komodo dragon, brown tarantula, giant centipede, fat-tailed scorpion, stone fish and an Indian cobra.
- Characteristics: Did you know the difference between venomous and poisonous species is that venomous creatures carry a toxin and have a way to deliver it, while poisonous creatures carry a toxin but have no way of transporting it? Learn other interesting facts like this with our amazingly accurate and individually hand painted figurines.
- Size and Colour: 1.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 12.8 inches tall, this Toob is a bit larger than the size of a standard American ruler and contains figurines of 9 different venomous species that range from 1.25 to 3.75 inches tall. Unlike poisonous creatures that are brightly coloured to ward off potential predators by indicating they aren’t a great meal, many venomous creatures employ drab colours for camouflage while hunting, like the fat-tailed scorpion’s dark grey carapace and the Indian cobra’s sandy brown body.
- The Venomous Creatures TOOB® is part of the TOOBS® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Recommended Age: 3+