SAFARI - River TOOB
Although fish are the most iconic members of the river ecosystem, there’s plenty of other life there that’s just as interesting. One of the defining traits of a river-based species is their reliance on current, either to bring them food or to move them down river. For example, otters are known to fall asleep while drifting downriver to their food source, while bald eagles hover over head and wait for the current to bring prey to the surface.
- Although they may not be as exotic as rainforests, rivers are active ecosystems! This Toob includes ten denizens that frequent rivers, including a bald eagle, beaver, duck, cottonmouth snake, snapping turtle, bullfrog, salamander, alligator, water snake, and a river otter.
- Characteristics: Professionally sculpted and individually hand painted, the figurines in this Toob, like the fearsome alligator or the inquisitive and social otter, aren’t just for play. They bring the inhabitants of rivers to life in beautifully accurate detail, offering an amazing chance for engaging study and enlightening observation.
- Size and Colour: 1.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 12.8 inches tall, this Toob is a bit larger than the size of a standard American ruler and contains figurines of 10 different river themed species that range from 1.25 to 3.75 inches tall. Keep a mental note of the cottonmouth’s dark brown and black coloration and the snapping turtle’s jagged brown and green shell, and if you ever see them in the wild – back away!
- The River TOOB® is part of the TOOBS® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Recommended Age: 3+