SAFARI - Penguins TOOB
- Due to their natural habitats, penguins evolved as flightless birds that instead excel at swimming. This Toob includes a Gentoo, Humboldt, Chinstrap, Rockhopper, Galapagos, Adelie, and Emperor penguin family as well as a penguin chick and a swimming and sliding penguin.
- Characteristics: Individually hand painted and professionally sculpted, these figurines will make you feel like you’re a member of the flock! Great for education, imaginative play, inclusion in a diorama, or as a gift for a wildlife enthusiast, these playful penguins are ready to waddle their way into your home!
- Size and Colour: 1.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 12.8 inches tall, this Toob is a bit larger than the size of a standard American ruler and contains 10 penguin figurines that range from 1.25 to 3.75 inches tall. Although every penguin has primarily black and white plumage, many have unique patterns and colour variations, like the emperor penguin’s yellow neck and chest or the chinstrap penguin’s distinct facial lines.
- The Penguins TOOB® is part of the TOOBS® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Recommended Age: 3+
The most obvious distinction between penguins and other birds is that their over time, penguins’ wings evolved into flippers. This makes penguins excellent swimmers, a necessary trait in the highly aquatic regions they’re endemic too. Similarly, penguins also have an incredibly thick layer of insulating feathers that keeps them warm in extremely cold waters, allowing them to stay submerged when hunting for an extended period of time. Although your home may be a little warmer than these feathered friends are used too, we’re sure they’ll fit right in!